SAT® Registration And Test Dates
Know The Eligibility And Fees For 2023-2024
The SAT® is a standardized aptitude test for high school students who intend to pursue undergraduate studies within the United States. If you are studying for the SAT, staying up to date on the test’s eligibility requirements and the upcoming SAT test dates will help you plan your test preparation. This guide will walk you through all the information you need to know about the College Board® new SAT registration fees, cancellation, rescheduling, including digital SAT test dates, and more.
SAT Registration & Test Dates For 2023-2024
A question we often get from students preparing for the SAT is, "When can I register for the SAT?" To help, we have compiled a table with the upcoming SAT test dates for 2023 and 2024, registration deadlines, deadlines for changes, regular cancellations, and late registration. Remember to keep this table handy!
|SAT Test Date||Registration Deadline||Deadline for Changes
and Late Registration
|Mar 11, 2023||Feb 10, 2023||Feb 28, 2023|
|May 6, 2023||Apr 7, 2023||Apr 25, 2023|
|June 3, 2023||May 4, 2023||May 23, 2023|
|Aug 26, 2023||Jul 28, 2023||Aug 15, 2023|
|Oct 7, 2023||Sept 8, 2023||Sept 26, 2023|
|Nov 4, 2023||Oct 6, 2023||Oct 24, 2023|
|Dec 2, 2023||Nov 3, 2023||Nov 21, 2023|
If you are planning to take the digital SAT in 2024, below are the test dates and registration deadlines. However, the regular cancellation deadlines for this cycle are tentative and subject to change by the College Board.
|SAT Test Date||Registration Deadline||Regular Cancellation Deadline|
|Mar 9, 2024||Feb 23, 2024||Feb 27, 2024|
|May 4, 2024||Apr 19, 2024||Apr 23, 2024|
|June 1, 2024||May 17, 2024||May 21, 2024|
The College Board has also set registration deadlines for international students who want to take the digital SAT in 2023. Check out the SAT guide for international students to learn more.
|Aug 24, 2024||Mar 15, 2025||March 14, 2026|
|Oct 5, 2024||May 10, 2025||May 9, 2026|
|Nov 9, 2024||June 7, 2025||June 6, 2026|
|Dec 7, 2024||Aug 30, 2025||Aug 22, 2026|
|Oct 4, 2025||Oct 3, 2026|
|Nov 8, 2025||Nov 7, 2026|
|Dec 6, 2025||Dec 5, 2026|
Remember, the College Board reserves all rights to cancel or change test dates at their discretion. Don’t miss a date anymore with our updated SAT test date list!
SAT Test Registration
There are both offline and online registration options for the SAT test. Let’s learn a bit about the two ways:
- Online through the College Board's website. This is the most convenient way to register for the SAT. All you have to do is decide when and where you will take the test, and then register online.
- Offline via mail through the Student Registration Booklet form. If you need to register on paper, simply contact your school counselor for a copy of the booklet.
“Make sure the details you provide, such as your complete name or residence, match exactly what is on the photo identification you present as verification.”
How to register for the SAT online?
The official College Board website is where you may complete the new SAT registration process. Before registering, make sure you have a photo and a form for payment ready. The registration process takes about 30 minutes to complete. The website saves your registration process if you leave it incomplete midway, so that you can always come back and finish it later. To make it easier for you, we have put together a step-by-step guide on how to complete the 2023 SAT registration process:
1. Check Your Calendar
Ask your guidance counselor, or go online yourself, to find out when the SAT is being offered. Pick a day that is good for you, but make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to prep for the test.
3. Fill Out the Questionnaire
This is a timely process (30-40 minutes) but a very important one, so get comfortable. It is during this step that you will enter the test date you chose and the location where you'd like to take your test.
4. Upload Your Photo
The College Board requires you to upload a photo of yourself when you register. The photo needs to show your head and shoulders with your entire face clearly visible and square to the camera.
5. Pay Your Fees
There is a fee you are required to pay to complete the registration process. If you miss the registration deadline, which is a month before your test date, you will be charged an additional late fee.
How to register for the SAT by mail?
If you choose to register by mail, ask your school counselor for a Student Registration Booklet for the SAT. The booklet will come with a registration form and a return envelope. Follow the steps below to register for the SAT by mail:
- To fill out the mail registration form, you will need to know your school code and your test center code. You can get these codes from your school counselor or the College Board website.
- Fill out the form with all the required information marked in red.
- You will also need to submit a photo to be examined alongside your photo I.D. when you check in on testing day.
- Once the form is complete, place the payment and the form in the return envelope, which is addressed to the SAT.
- U.S. mail registration must be postmarked by the U.S. deadline and International registrations must be received before the deadline. The deadline expires at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, U.S.
How to reschedule the SAT?
The rescheduling process includes the following steps for the SAT test:
- Visit the College Board website.
- Go to MY SAT account, where you will find your registered test details.
- Reschedule the test by clicking on “change registration”. You will be able to select the new test date and test center, and you will be prompted to pay the reschedule fee, which is $28 per reschedule.
- Once your rescheduling process is completed, you will receive a confirmation shortly on your registered email address. You will also find a new entry ticket with your revised test date along with the confirmation email.
SAT Registration Fees and Score-Related Services
SAT Test Fees for 2023
The basic registration fee is $60. Some test takers may qualify for a fee waiver if they are eligible. There may be additional registration fees for the services listed below.
|To change test date or test center||$25|
|To cancel registration before the deadline||$25|
|To cancel registration after the deadline||$35|
The College Board offers additional score-related services. To keep things hasslefree for you, we have listed these specific services and their associated fees in the table below:
|Additional score reports||$12 per report|
|Unlimited free score reports with fee waiver|
|Get scores by phone||$15 per call|
|SAT question-and-answer service||$16|
|SAT student answer service||$16|
|Hand score verification||$55 (Fee reduction available)|
Can I get a refund for my SAT registration fees?
You can get a full refund of your SAT registration fee if you cancel before or on test day, but there is a cancellation fee.
- A complete refund will be issued in the same manner as the initial payment was made.
- Refunds are processed after 6 weeks from the test date.
- You can get a refund on the score report fees only if you are unable to take the test on test day.
- If an order is canceled and hasn't been completed or sent out yet, any fees associated with the additional score report will be returned.
- There is no way to get your money back for a rush score report.
- If your order hasn't been fulfilled or you didn't take the test on the scheduled day, you will be reimbursed for the SAT Student Answer Service.
Who Is Eligible for the SAT Test?
The College Board, which runs the SAT, doesn't have any specific eligibility requirements that applicants must meet before taking the test. Although there is no hard and fast rule on who can take the SAT, there are a few requirements they must follow beforehand.
Let's have a look at the SAT eligibility requirements you will need to know in order to take the test.
|SAT Test Parameters||Details|
|Eligibility||No Fixed Criteria|
|Age Limit||No minimum or maximum age limit|
|Educational Qualification||No particular academic criteria|
|No. of attempts for the SAT||No limit on the number of attempts a student can make on this test|
|ID Proof||Government-issued driver's license or non-driver ID card or passport|
SAT Test Centers
You can find local test centers by visiting the SAT Test Center page. You can search for a test center by doing the following:
- Select your testing country
- Select the date on which you want to take the test from the drop-down menu.
- Select the location in which you want to take the test.
- Once you click on the "find a test center" tab, you will see the results with a list of available test centers on your screen.
At UWorld, we believe that your SAT test day should be hassle-free to help you focus on your exam. Therefore, it is important to be aware of the rules and regulations you must follow when taking the SAT. Visit our page on SAT Test Policies and Accommodations to stay up-to-date on the regulations and be better prepared for test day.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can pay for your SAT registration fee in the following ways.
- Credit card: American Express, Discover, Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, and JCB.
- PayPal Account: Create a PayPal account if you don’t already have one before registering. Ghana doesn’t support PayPal as a method of payment.
If you cancel on or before the regular deadline (test date), you will get a full refund of your registration fee, but you will have to pay a $25 cancellation fee. Or if you cancel after the deadline, the cancellation fee will be $35.
Note: If you cancel your registration and then decide to take the test on that day, you must re-register.