To register for the SAT® Exam, you can create an account with the College Board or register by mail. The fastest way to register for the SAT Exam is through the College Board website. You can find a calendar of testing dates and deadlines through your College Board account. Remember to schedule a test date that will give you enough time to prepare for the exam, and be sure to register for the exam before the registration deadline. If you register after the deadline, you will have to pay a late registration fee.
How To Register For SAT Exam Online?
To register online, log into your College Board account, and provide the following:
- Legal name and other I.D. information
- Be sure that the information you provide on the registration form matches the information on your legal I.D.
- A photo that matches your legal I.D.
- Some requirements: you are the only one in the photo, both of your eyes are visible, the quality is high, the image has not been digitally altered, and you are not wearing a hat (unless you wear a hat for religious purposes).
- Your decision on the optional Essay Section of the exam
While registering, you can also decide if you want to enter information about yourself for the Student Search Service. This service helps colleges and programs find out if you are a good fit for them, and connects students to scholarships or other opportunities. The College Board recommends that you fill out the questionnaire so that colleges looking for students like you can easily find you.
Be sure to include any fee waivers or testing accommodation forms with your registration form. After filling out your registration form online, be sure to print your Admission Ticket.
How To Register For the SAT Exam by Mail?
If you choose to register by mail, ask your school counselor for a Student Registration Booklet for the SAT Exam and SAT Subject Tests.
- The booklet will come with a registration form and a return envelope.
- To fill out the mail registration form, you will need to know your school code and your test center code. You can get these codes from your school counselor or the College Board website.
- Fill out the form with all the required information marked in red. If your required fields are not filled completely, your registration will not be processed and returned.
- You will also need to submit a photo to be examined alongside your photo I.D. when you check in on testing day. The image must be at least 2 x 2 inches and no larger than 2.5 x 3 inches. Do not mail a photo that is laminated or an I.D. card.
- Be sure to write your name, date of birth, and high school code on the back of your photo and tape it over the bar code on your registration form. The photo must be identifiable as you and your full face must be in the picture.
- Once the form is complete, place the payment and the form in the return envelope, which is addressed to the SAT.
- U.S. mail registration must be postmarked by the U.S. deadline and International registrations must be received before the deadline. The deadline expires at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, U.S.